Now Hiring: Coastal Expeditions Foundation Development & Programs Manager
Looking to work with purpose at a local environmental non-profit that is working to meaningfully connect people with nature and protect critical habitats in the South Carolina Lowcountry? Check out the work that we’re doing at the Coastal Expeditions Foundation.
The role of The Coastal Expeditions Foundation’s Development and Programs Manager is to work with the Executive Director to ensure all programs are successfully executed on time and on budget, support fundraising objectives, and complete administrative duties. The Development and Programs Manager should be well organized, proactive, versatile, have an ability to take initiative, and be enthusiastic about environmental conservation and/or education.
- Assist the Executive Director with administrative duties such as completing and submitting non-profit paperwork, depositing checks at bank, assisting with financial recordkeeping, and tracking invoices and payments.
- Spearhead and/or support on fundraising efforts including:
- Assisting with corporate sponsorships and attending corporate days
- Creating donation reports and targeting potential donors
- Outreach to potential donors and arranging meetings
- Conducting research on fundraising opportunities
- Be the first point of contact for all external and internal fundraising inquiries
- Providing excellent support and customer care to donors and supporters
- Provide a high standard of customer care, ensuring consistent thanking and acknowledgement of donors
- Work closely with the Executive Director and the communications team to prepare and send accurate and engaging communications
- Undertake research on prospective trust and foundations, corporate funders and individual donors
- Provide support to a range of fundraising and promotional events – including planning, logistics and on-the-day support
- Process one-off and regular donations from both online and offline sources ensuring procedures are followed and information is recorded correctly
Marketing and Storytelling Responsibilities:
- Ensure programs are widely represented in social media
- Creating content (writing blogs, taking pictures)
- Ensuring website content is up-to-date
- Ensuring ongoing communication with donors and supporters is maintained
- Assist Executive Director with securing press for excursions and events including assisting with writing, submitting, and distributing press releases as required.
Program Development and Maintenance Responsibilities:
- Keep projects on track and ensure deadlines are met within program budget
- Hold regular project meetings, define tasks and follow up on task completion
- Oversee regular Coastal Warriors service projects including planning, scheduling, inviting and RSVP oversight of partner organizations, staff and veterans and that events are successfully executed.
- Bachelor’s degree or two years relevant experience in PR, marketing, education, fundraising, biology or related field
- Previous administrative experience, preferably in: sales, marketing, education, fundraising or program development
- Enthusiasm and drive for fundraising for a great cause is essential; experience of it is desirable but not essential
- Strong attention to detail and focus on accuracy
- Energetic, creative and can-do approach
- Good problem solving skills at a practical level
- Flexible, willing to handle multiple tasks as the work requires
- Sound knowledge of conservation
- Excellent communication skills
This is a new role and the candidate will have a chance to shape it according to their skills and interest.
Interested applicants: Email a cover letter and resumé to Karen Monahan, Executive Director of the Coastal Expeditions Foundation